Registration for the Transfer Transition Program will resume in February 2018 for all students starting summer I or II and fall 2018.
To succeed in college you need to be familiar with and understand how to use the resources available outside of the classroom. The Transfer Transition Program is a half-day orientation for new transfer students starting in summer I, summer II or fall. The program is designed to make the transition for admitted transfer students to WMU a simple one. You will have the opportunity to get your WMU Student ID, attend presentations from residence life, financial aid, student activities and leadership programs, career and student employment services and more! While not required, we do encourage your participation.
Get started on the right track. Prior to registering for your first semester of classes, you must contact your academic advisor. By doing so, you will ensure that you are taking the appropriate courses - not duplicating work already completed, in progress or planned. In addition, you will be able to begin the process of planning for future semesters. Course registration may already be open for the semester you plan to start. See your advisor early and be ready to register for your classes. You do not have to pay for your classes at the time of registration unless you have been admitted after invoices have been sent. Again, you cannot register for your classes until you contact your academic advisor.
All of the academic colleges will be available the day of TTP—after the session—if you need to follow up on advising questions. You can find the contact information below. If you are unsure of which college to contact for your major, give us a call.
- College of Arts and Sciences—2318 Friedmann Hall (269) 387-4366
- College of Aviation—2210 Kohrman Hall (269) 387-0347
- College of Education and Human Development—2421 Sangren Hall (269) 387-3474
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences—E102 Parkview (269) 276-3270
- College of Fine Arts
- Art—2104 Richmond Center for Visual Arts (269) 387-2440
- Music—2132 Dalton Center (269) 387-4672
- Theatre and Dance—1103 Gilmore Theatre Complex (269) 387-3210
- College of Health and Human Services—2125 Health and Human Service Bldg. (269) 387-2656
- Extended University Programs—3221 Ellsworth Hall (269) 387-4156
- Exploratory Advising—1275 Ellsworth Hall (269) 387-4410
- Haworth College of Business—2350 Schneider Hall (269) 387-5075
- Lee Honors College—(269) 387-3230
Learn more about the Transfer Transition Program
After you submit your registration form, you will receive an immediate confirmation notice regarding your registration. This notice will be sent to your WMU email account and will include a parking pass to use for the day.
TTP is for admitted new transfer students who will be attending WMU in summer I, summer II or fall of 2018. If you have not been admitted to WMU, please contact the Office of Admissions. Once you log into the registration page, you will be able to select from one of the following dates (all Fridays):
PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FEBRUARY 2018 FOR TTP DATES!
If you need to change your date of attendance, you can log into the registration system and complete the process again or give our office a call.
- Registration instructions Cost - REGISTRATION IS CURRENTLY CLOSED UNTIL FEBRUARY 2018
- Program agenda - PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FEBRUARY 2108 FOR THE PROGRAM AGENDA
- Session descriptions - PLEASE CHECK BACK IN FEBRUARY 2108 FOR THE SESSION DESCRIPTIONS
- Get directions
- The Admitted Student Checklist is designed to help you finalize your college plans
- Check-in will take place from 8 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. in the lobby on the second floor of the Bernhard Center or main floor of the Bernhard Center.
8. If you are coming in the night before and need accommodations, please click here for a list of hotel options.