There are a variety of employment options available if you have a work-study award. Click the links below for more information.
Stay on course with these tutor guidelines
While earning your work-study award you must maintain at least half-time enrollment as described in the following enrollment status table:
- A paycheck will be issued only when a valid time sheet has been submitted.
- Timesheets will not be accepted for pay periods that have not begun.
If you need to revise the number of hours reported on a previously submitted timesheet, you must complete a new timesheet for the pay period. This “revised” timesheet will replace the original timesheet, and should report the actual hours worked during the entire pay period.
- You must meet and maintain general financial aid eligibility criteria for work-study, including Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP). If you lose eligibility for financial aid, including work-study, due to SAP, your award may be canceled. See the complete SAP policy online. Stay tuned to your WMU email account for updates about your financial aid status.
- Changes to your work-study award will be reflected in your financial aid award letter. View it online, as frequently as you like, using GoWMU.
- If you have not received a paycheck within four weeks of the start of the term, your work-study award may be canceled.
- If you are approaching the four-week deadline and have not received a paycheck, contact Financial Aid if you are planning to become employed and wish to retain your award
- Follow the WMU Student Employment Guidelines.