To obtain SAS software, bring a new 32 GIG flash drive to the OIT Help Desk (2nd floor of the UCC Building). Before installing SAS, please read the installation instructions. These are downloaded from GoWMU in the Software Downloads channel. Faculty can also obtain SAS from their college technology office.
The SAS System is licensed on an annual basis. Licenses are valid through June 30 of the current fiscal year with a 45 day grace period.
Versions 9.3 and 9.4 are currently supported. If you have an older version, please upgrade.
For new installs (SAS is not supported on Windows Home Editions).
- Please read the install instructions before attempting an install.
- Turn off virus checking software.
- Depending on when you obtain SAS, the current license file may or may not be included on the SAS install media. If it is not the install media, then download the current file from GoWMU, in Software Downloads channel.
For license renewals
Download the current license file from the Software Downloads channel in GoWMU.
- From the Windows Start menu, select the renew license utility and browse to the file downloaded from GoWMU. The license renew utility is normally found in the SAS folder in the Windows 7 Start Menu or from the full list of applications in Windows 8.
- If you can't find a renew SAS utility, from your hard drive look in
C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASRenewalUtility\<version number>\SASRenew.exe
C:\Program Files\SASFoundation\<version number>\core\sasinst\sasrenew
- If you have questions updating your license, please contact the WMU SAS consultant at (269) 387-5457.