Applying or updating your SAS license
The SAS System is licensed on an annual basis. In order to install or run SAS, a current license is required. Versions 9.3 and 9.4 are supported. If you have an older version, please upgrade.
For new installs (SAS is not supported on Windows Home Editions).
- Read the install instructions before attempting an install.
- Turn off virus checking software.
- Depending on when you purchase SAS, the current license file may or may not be included on the SAS install media. If it is not the install media, then you must download one from GoWMU, Software Downloads channel.
For license renewals
Download the current license file from the Software Downloads channel in GoWMU.
- From the Start menu select the renew license utility and browse to the file downloaded from GoWMU.
You will find the renew utility at
Programs>SAS>Utilities>Renew SAS software
- If you can't find a renew SAS software item from your Start Menu, it is located in the following directory:
C:\Program Files\SASHome\SASRenewalUtility\<version number>\SASRenew.exe
C:\Program Files\SASFoundation\<version number>\core\sasinst\sasrenew
- Only versions 9.3 and 9.4. are currently supported. Licenses are valid through June 30 of the current fiscal year with a 45 day grace period.
- If you have questions updating your license, please contact the WMU SAS consultant at (269) 387-5457.