Adobe Connect is software used by WMU to deliver presentations, online training materials, Web conferencing, learning modules, and for desktop sharing.
Adobe Connect seminar rooms are available and can be reserved by anyone who is an employee at WMU. The seminars hold up to 200 participants and all meeting times must be reserved in advance. To schedule a one-on-one training session and to reserve a meeting time, contact the Faculty Technology Center at (269) 387-6958 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Using Web conferencing
1. Schedule meeting date through the Faculty Technology Center (FTC).
2. Send invitation link to participants along with meeting reminders of the upcoming event.
3. Create meeting layouts.
Adobe Connect uses a meeting room layout. All meeting rooms are arranged in pods; with each pod functioning in a specific role (i.e. chat, whiteboard, note).
4. Upload Content.
5. Rehearse presentation using the same equipment which will be used on the actual meeting day.
During the Event
1. Enter the event 30 minutes early to test audio and coordination.
2. Check Internet connection and audio.
3. Ready recording.
4. Disable hibernation, if necessary.
5. Give presentation.
6. Close meeting room by selecting End Meeting – this closes polls correctly so they are captured in reporting.
1. Download participation data.
2. Send follow-up emails, if necessary .