The clicker system in use at WMU is i>clicker. Instructors ask a question and students respond by pressing a button on their clicker. Responses are transmitted to the base station where they are recorded and displayed.
To utilize the clicker system:
- Instructors should bring their laptop to the Faculty Technology Center and request a base station and instructor's remote.
- i>clicker and i>grader software will be installed on the laptop and the remote will be registered.
- Instructors will set up their classes in the system using i>clicker software.
- i>grader software will be used to record and synchronize points to student participants in the class roster.
A new Elearning integration tool was introduced in fall, 2012. This tool allows instructors to directly download class rosters and upload session data. To add this tool to existing clicker systems:
- Download the appropriate zip archive to your computer: macintosh.zip windows.zip
- Open and unzip the archive.
- Select all folders and files and move them to your iClicker folder (this folder also contains the Classes folder).
- Add a quick link for students to use to register their clicker. This quick link is available under the External Learning Tools category.