Applications for the 2017 - 2018 Academy are due by Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Please send the application, a letter of interest, a resume or CV, and a letter of support from your direct supervisor or department chair to the Office of Faculty Development at Mail Stop 5268 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The strength of any organization can be measured by the capacity of its members to be leaders at many levels. WMU is pleased to offer faculty and university professional staff the opportunity to develop their leadership skills through the Academic Leadership Academy.
Participants in the academy will be able to:
- Better lead groups or organizations at WMU or elsewhere.
- Better participate as part of teams in which they are not the leaders.
- Better understand the cultural context of WMU and other institutions.
- Identify and prioritize challenges and leadership opportunities in realms such as academic, research, and economic development and social justice.
- Understand leadership literature and translate that literature into practical application.
The academy is a year-long learning community in which participants and facilitators meet weekly to explore literature on leadership. Discussions include specific situations where leadership skills are used, developed and implemented. Participants meet on Thursdays, from noon to 1:30 p.m. The academy invites faculty and university professional staff, at or above the assistant manager/director level, to attend.
Lori Wingate - Director of Research, Evaluation Center
- Jennifer Harrison - Assistant Professor, School of Social Work
- Ramona Lewis - HESA Faculty Coordinator and Faculty Specialist II
- Scott "Scooter" Russell - Director of IT Services, University Libraries
- Dave Paul - Faculty Specialist, Department of Philosophy
- Julia Primavera Kuntz, -Egagement Manager, Development and Alumni Relations
- Brian Gogan - Associate Professor, English
- Wayne Lee Bond II - Career Development Specialist, Career and Student Employment Services
- Chris Hunt - Director of Marketing Communications, University Relations
- Heidi Vogley - Master Faculty Specialist, Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences
- Missy Bininger - Manager Help Desk and Directory Services.
- Marianne Di Pierro - Director, Graduate Center for Research and Retention
- Kristal Ehrhardt - Professor, Special Education Program
- Melissa Holman - Student Success Manager, CEHD
- Yvette Hyter - Professor, Speech-Language Pathology
- Staci Perryman-Clark - Associate Professor, English
- Sarah Summy - Associate Professor, Special Education Program
- Joe VanDerBos - Senior Marketing Specialist,Sindecuse
- Margaret Von Steinen - Executive Assistant Senior, Government Affairs & University Relations
- Brad Watts - Assistant Director, Evaluation Center
For more information about the Academic Leadership Academy contact Jan Gabel-Goes. Applications for the 2017 - 2018 Academy are due by Wednesday, May 31, 2017