Maintenance Services is a team of highly skilled trades professionals and management staff that maintains utilities and buildings for the Western Michigan University community. Our mission is to provide quality service in an efficient and professional manner to ensure building safety and comfort. Our focus is to continually improve and ensure customer satisfaction.
Maintenance Services goals
- Respond to service requests in a prioritized and expeditious manner.
- Provide functional facilities that:
- Meet the University's requirements.
- Have an environmentally acceptable atmosphere for students, faculty and staff.
- Ensure the health and safety of all personnel.
- Identify potential problems early and within the context of the planned maintenance system so that corrective action may be planned, included in the budget cycle and completed in a timely manner.
- Establish a deferred maintenance list.
- Follow an orderly program so that administrative costs are minimized and the workload for personnel is maintained at a relatively constant level.
- Conserve energy and resources by ensuring maximum operating efficiency of energy-consuming equipment and systems.
- Maintain credible relations with users by providing well-maintained facilities and information on planned maintenance activities.
- Identify and implement possible improvements that will reduce costs, improve services and result in more efficient operation.
- Establish data-collection systems to develop:
- Uniform reporting formats.
- Use of electronic data processing.
- Supervisory and management control reports.
- Continual feedback of information between departments.