The CEAS is the best place to study engineering and applied sciences and here are a few facts that show why.
- We have almost 2500 students, including 300 Ms. students and 70 Ph.D. students.
- We have 98 faculty members
- The CEAS facility has more than 323,000 square feet of research and learning space, featuring over 75 laboratories for undergraduate and graduate research.
- WMU has paper, paper coating, and printing pilot plants on the same campus, giving students first-hand experience in pulping, papermaking, printing, and recycling.
- More than 30 student organizations, many affiliated with professional societies, offer students the opportunity to hone their leadership and teambuilding skills as well as take part in such projects as the Sunseeker solar racecar, mini-Baja vehicles and hybrid electric vehicles.
- We are located at the WMU Parkview Campus, home to the Business Technology and Research Park that houses over 35 companies.
Specialized engineering centers and laboratories include:
- A Computer-Aided Engineering Center with some of the same engineering design and production software used by the worlds leading corporations.
- An Applied Aerodynamics Laboratory and advanced design wind tunnel.
- Instructional laboratories in digital logic, microcomputers, circuits, energy conversion, and noise and vibration.
- An interdisciplinary design studio, with cutting-edge software for product design.
- A Civil Engineering materials lab shared with the Michigan Department of Transportation provides students with a real world lab experience.