PhD Program Admission Requirements
The PhD in EAS is offered in two tracks: (1) Engineering; and (2) Applied Sciences. In addition to the University minimum PhD requirements for admission as outlined in the Graduate Catalog, all applicants are expected to meet the following minimum requirements for admission to the PhD in EAS:
1. The student must contact a faculty member who agrees to champion the application and who will serve as the chair of the PhD dissertation committee.
2. A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) from an accredited institution in:
- an engineering discipline relevant to the intended field of study as determined by the PhD champion is required for admission to the Engineering Track
- applied sciences, or a closely related discipline, relevant to the intended field of study as determined by the PhD champion is required for admission to the Applied Sciences Track.
3. Two official transcripts from each institution attended since high school.
4. An overall minimum grade point average of 3.25.
5. The General GRE test scores.
6. Statement of purpose describing the applicant’s research interests and professional goals. The statement MUST include:
- The name and department of the faculty champion
- The track of interest (i.e. Engineering or Applied Sciences)
7. Three letters of recommendation.
The admission process is competitive and is administered by the department of the champion.