$2,000 per year ($1,000 in each fall and spring semesters), renewable for up to four years, totaling $8,000.
- Any first-time, domestic, freshmen degree-seeking student entering Western Michigan University in the fall.
- Completed admission application file (application, transcript, ACT/SAT and fee).
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the end of the junior year.
- ACT Math sub-score of 20 or higher OR an SAT Math score of 520 or higher (490 old SAT).
- Must declare a major in College of Engineering and Applied Sciences upon admission.
- Student must live on WMU campus during the freshmen year.
- Application and essay must be submitted or postmarked no later than January 12 and must answer the following questions:
- Explain the role of multiculturalism in today's global society.
- What roles have multicultural experiences played in your life, and how will those experiences help you in college and career?
- How do you see WMU CEAS enhancing your multicultural experience and awareness?
Essay should be sent to:
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Scholarship Committee
c/o Scot Conant
1903 W Michigan Ave
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5317
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Top candidates from the pool will be considered for scholarships based on appropriateness of essay and academic profile. Financial need based on the submission of FAFSA may also be considered. FAFSA forms should be submitted prior to January 12.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours/semester) at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in CEAS.