Criteria for selection
This is a competitive scholarship.
- Any first-time, domestic, freshmen degree-seeking student entering WMU in the fall.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale at the end of the junior year.
- ACT Math score of 25 or higher OR an SAT Math score of 600 or higher (580 old SAT).
- Completed admission application file (application, transcript, ACT/SAT and fee).
- Must declare a major in College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
- Student must live on WMU campus during the freshmen year.
- Students must submit an essay that highlights leadership experiences, successes, and learning. Up to 3 letters of recommendation may be included with the essay submission and must be received no later than January 12th of senior year.
Essay should be sent to:
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Scholarship Committee
c/o Scot Conant
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5317 USA
- Annual awards range from $1,000 to $12,000.
- Awards disbursed in no less than one and no more than four years, as decided by the CEAS Scholarship Committee.
- Award amounts and scholarship disbursements are decided by the CEAS Scholarship Committee and are not subject to appeal.
- Scholarship recipients are required to maintain a 3.0 grade point at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must be enrolled full time (12 credit hours/semester) at WMU.
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a major in the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Top candidates from the pool will be considered based on appropriateness of essay, recommendation letters, and academic profile.