Feb. 6, 2014
The College of Education and Human Development is proud to announce many wonderful activities, events and success of our TRiO Future Educator Success Program. Listed below are a few recent accomplishments to acknowledge:
- TRiO student Audreanna Shannon is a MI-CAPP Scholarship Award Winner this year and will attend an award ceremony in Grand Rapids this February.
- TRiO FESP is working with the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Kalamazoo to create a facilitated pilot program in the summer for 25 middle school students. It will assist the students in maintaining or raising math and literacy success and will teach job readiness skills. TRiO FESP students will be paid for their summer employment funded through a grant from the Greg Jennings Foundation.
- Nine TRiO FESP students graduated in December of 2013 and 28 made the Dean’s List for the fall 2013 semester.
- On Saturday, Jan. 18, two staff members and nine students from TRiO FESP volunteered for the Office of Diversity and Inclusion’s Public School Visitation Day. This is their first collaboration with Albion Public Schools.
- The Annual Performance Report for the 2012-13 Academic Year has been completed for the Federal Department of Education and TRiO FESP received eleven out of eleven possible Prior Experience Points and Exceeded their objectives: a persistence rate objective of 75% (TRiO had 93%), a good academic standing rate objective of 75% (TRiO had 93%), and a number of 140 students funded to serve in which TRiO met at 100%.
Thank you and congratulations for all of TRiO FESP’s hard work and dedication. The College of Education and Human Development is proud of your success!