Educational Technology Services
Computer lab software install policy
Individuals and/or departments who desire to have software modified or installed in the CEHD computer labs need to abide by the following guidelines and procedures. These policies apply to software installed for use during the fall, spring and/or summer I sessions.
- Requests must be funneled through the department chair.
- ETS must be notified of all modifications and installations by July 1.
- The software media and serial numbers must be delivered to ETS by Aug. 1. Include all documentation verifying correct and legal number of licenses to be installed covering all the computers in the particular lab.
- All software installed must have permanent licenses or be licensed making it legal to be present until the following summer.
- ETS will not install “demo” software that has limited time functionality and will cease operation during a semester.
- Any software modification or installation requests failing to meet the above criteria are not guaranteed to be accommodated. Work outside these parameters will be completed at the discretion of ETS, depending on other commitments, projects, and lab availability.