The College of Education and Human Development’s Office of Admissions and Advising at Western Michigan University serves undergraduate students with majors focusing on human development and teacher education programs. CEHD Advising's mission is to partner with students to create and follow a comprehensive graduation plan designed to meet the personal, educational and professional goals of each student.
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2421 Sangren Hall
No drop-in advising available on Wednesday, April 26.
Drop-in advising from 10 to 11 a.m. only on Friday, April 28.
Drop-in advising is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Exceptions to the regular drop-in hours will be posted in a box above.
Appointments can be scheduled online for most afternoons.
Have you registered for Fall courses yet? See an advisor if you need assistance!
Find your major or minor
- Art education major
- Athletic training major
- Child and family development major
- Coaching minor
- Dietetics major
- Drafting minor
- Early childhood elementary education major
- Elementary education major
- Elementary education with special education—see special education major
- Elementary education minor with speech pathology and audiology major—program suspended
- Event management minor
- Exercise science major
- Family and consumer sciences teacher education major
- Family life education minor
- Family science minor
- Family studies major
- Fashion design and development major
- Fashion merchandising major
- Fashion merchandising minor
- Food Service Administration
- Graphic arts minor
- Health education (community emphasis) major
- Health education (community emphasis) minor
- Health education (school emphasis) major
- Health education (school emphasis) minor
- Industrial technology education non-vocational major
- Industrial technology education vocational major
- Industrial technology education minor
- Interior design major
- Music education major
- Occupational educational studies major
- Physical education: K-12 teacher/coach major
- Physical education: secondary education emphasis minor
- Recreation management major
- Recreation minor
- Secondary education major
- Secondary education in business major
- Special education major
- Sport management major
- Textile and apparel studies: fashion design emphasis major
- Textile and apparel studies: merchandising emphasis major
- Textile and apparel studies: product development emphasis major
- Textile and apparel merchandising minor