Embracing WMU’s goals to be learner centered, discovery driven, and globally engaged, the College of Education and Human Development is committed to:
- Developing exceptional education and human development professionals who positively impact our global society
- Advancing knowledge through teaching, scholarship, creative works, and service
- Enhancing the university and its stakeholders through transformative field experiences and collaborations
Be the premier choice for a diverse community of education and human development learners by offering a portfolio of regionally, nationally and internationally recognized programs.
The goals for the College of Education and Human Development at Western Michigan University are:
- Evaluate, integrate and focus college outreach programs.
- Enhance the environment for teaching and learning with bricks and mortar and actions and attitudes.
- Systematically study staffing and load issues to improve prospects for new personnel resources.
- Increase emphasis on graduate student recruitment and program development.
- Accelerate the infusion of technology and international and multicultural dimensions across program areas.
- Improve the coordination and integration of on and off campus programs and faculty.
- Implement comprehensive and coordinated program evaluation strategies.
- Develop new strategies and capacities for communicating the good work achieved in the college to all stake holders.