Location:E-228 Floyd Hall, Mail Stop 5336
Mailing address:Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Management Systems
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5336 USA
- Ph.D., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1993.
- M.S., Industrial and Systems Engineering, Virginia Tech, 1986.
- B.S., Industrial Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1984.
- Culture Analysis and change in engineering, technical and healthcare organizations.
- Empathic design in R and D.
- Organizational management systems .
- Individual and organizational resilience.
- Development of a Web-based Cost-Benefit Tool to Support Evidence-Based Design in California Safety Net Clinics.
- Empathic Design training for R and D engineers and marketing staff in the medical device market.
- Diagnosing culture to guide strategic change in healthcare and manufacturing organizations.
- Developing, testing, and applying an instrument to measure individual and organizational resilience - the ability to perform positive adaptive behaviors in the face of uncertain environments.
- Listed in Harvard Business School Press' International Directory of Business and Management Scholars and Research.
- Mass Media Science and Engineering Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- Western Michigan University Research Development Award.
- Associate editor, Engineering Management Journal.
- Associate editor, Managing Service Quality.
- Institute of Industrial Engineers, senior member (IIE).
- IIE Society for Engineering and Management Systems.
- American Society for Engineering Management.
- Academy of Management.