Click the links below to view the presentations from the sessions.
Thursday, November 7
10 - 11:30 a.m. - Breakout Sessions I
- How do we run an effective capital campaign to sustain a Promise program? [ notes ]
- What do we know? The impact of Promise programs to date [ community effects - student outcomes - notes ]
- How do we run a Promise program? Developing an administrative and tracking system
- How do we engage families and students? [ notes ]
2 - 3:30 p.m. - Breakout Sessions II
- What motivates the commitment from major donors? [ notes ]
- What should we measure? Indicators for tracking the progress of Promise programs [ handout ]
- What does it take to nurture and sustain community partnerships?
- How do we increase student success in college? [ notes ]
- How do we help students move from college to career?
Friday, November 8
8:45 - 10:15 a.m. - Structured Roundtable Sessions:
- Session 1 - Program Management
- Session 2 - Research and Evaluation - An Update on the Emerging Promise Research Agenda
- Session 3 - Sustaining the Promise - Fund Development Strategies and Issues
- Session 4 - Community Partnerships - Education, Business, Government, Non-profit/Foundations, and Social Services
- Session 5 - Urban Issues and Promise Programs - From Challenges to Opportunities to Success
- Session 6 - Building the Promise Movement
- Session 7 - Estimating the Cost of Your Promise Program