Article III: Conduct Authority
- The appropriate staff in the Office of Student Conduct/or designee, shall determine the composition of conduct bodies, provide training, determine which conduct body shall be authorized to hear each case, and impose sanctions consistent with stated guidelines within the Student Code.
- The appropriate staff in the Office of Student Conduct/or designee, shall develop policies for the administration of the conduct program and procedural rules for the conduct hearings that are consistent with provisions of the Student Code.
- There may be one or more Student Conduct Boards constituted to hear cases of alleged violations of the Student Code. Student Conduct Boards shall be selected, trained and advised by the appropriate staff in the Office of Student Conduct or/designee. The selection process of Student Conduct Board members shall involve input by students.
- A conduct body may be designated as mediator of disputes within the student community in cases that do not involve a violation of the Student Code. All parties must agree to mediation, and are bound by the decision with no right of appeal.
- Decisions made by a conduct body are final pending the normal hearing process.