Summer commencement — Saturday, June 29
|Each ceremony lasts approximately two hours.|
College of Education and Human Development
College of Health and Human Services
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Extended University Programs
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Aviation
Haworth College of Business
College of Fine Arts
- Graduating students are to report to Shaw Theatre 45 minutes before their college’s ceremony is scheduled to begin.
Faculty and doctoral candidates
- Doctoral candidates assemble in the Green Room of Shaw Theatre.
- Regalia is distributed and returned in York Arena Theatre.
- Faculty assemble in York Theatre and should arrive approximately 45 minutes prior to the ceremony.
- Processional and hooding instructions are given approximately 30 minutes prior to each ceremony.
- Faculty will leave York Theatre about 10 minutes prior to each ceremony and proceed to Miller Auditorium.
Please also note:
- We are unable to accommodate children accompanying the graduate through the ceremony.
- Guests of the candidates must view the processional and ceremony in Miller Auditorium.
The WMU Alumni Association will be hosting a reception between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m. in Brown Hall, featuring light refreshments, a small gift for graduates, and a backdrop for those wishing to take graduation photos.