Mission Statement for CHITA
The proposed center is established at the university level that will pool WMU faculty’s talents to actively work together and partner with regional health care stakeholders in providing timely research and services. Compliant with the Vision and Mission of Western Michigan University, the proposed WMU–CHITA has the following Vision and Mission:
Vision: The Center will be a leading institute in the nation that provides the most effective HIT research, clinical application development, training, and services in the health domain.
Mission: To provide HIT research and service support to the national, regional, and local health care service providers through interdisciplinary academic endeavors and collaboration with the community at large.
- To build a strong health care research center in Michigan that can support local health firms in effective utilization of HIT.
- Provide innovative HIT prototyping and testing of HIT applications that meet criteria defined by Certification Commission for Health Information Technology.
- To incorporate the Center’s body of knowledge into WMU’s curricula to give students the cutting-edge experience.
- To lead local health firms in identifying the best practice for health service delivery.
- Disseminate HIT Advancement through seminars and publications.
- Assist WMU faculty in working together with Office of the Vice President for Research (OVPR) to develop research proposals for external grants.
- Collaborate with WMU faculty and health care providers to explore opportunities in developing joint projects.