The Department of Chemistry at Western Michigan University offers degree programs for students interested in:
- Jobs through academia
- Pursuing graduate studies and jobs in the laboratory and government
- Coursework suitable for a future related to business and sales within industrial chemistry
Chemistry clears the way to many different pursuits including:
- Positions as chemists in private industry, government or education
- Professional training in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy and other health-related fields
- Working in environmental science and engineering, forensics, business and law.
Different Majors, including Secondary Education (for students desiring to teach chemistry curriculum at the secondary level)
Masters and doctoral graduate programs provide a broad background in chemical sciences while providing opportunities for students to work closely with faculty mentors.