WMU has a site license for Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office. These are installed on all computers and may be upgraded upon request.
WMU also has a contract with Adobe and Macromedia, which allows for upgrades as long as the license was purchased with software maintenance.
The School of Art has purchased maintenance for Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat, Mac OS X, iLife, and iWork for all SoA Faculty.
- Faculty computers have a basic software package. This package is based on recommendations from the unit director/chair. Other software purchases should go through the IT Director.
- Software media and proof of license will be kept with the IT director. This includes any software that comes with the computer (i.e. OS software, reinstallation CD’s).
- The IT Director’s office will keep the inventory of computer hardware and software. Every three years a complete audit is done of equipment.
- Pirated Software will neither be tolerated, nor supported, as it is illegal. IT staff are required to report infractions.
- Legacy and/or personal software can be used, however it will not receive support.