Civil and Construction Engineering
(269) 276-3201, G-246 Parkview Campus
- Ph. D., Architectural Engineering, The Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA, 2012.
- M. Eng., Structural Engineering, Bayero University Kano, Nigeria, 2004.
- B. Sc., Civil Engineering, Bayero University Kano, Nigeria, 1999.
- Wireless Sensing
- Building Information Modeling
- Cyber-Physical Systems Application to Civil Infrastructure
- Intelligent Construction Systems
- Akanmu, A., Anumba, C. and Messner, J. (2013). “Active Monitoring and Control of Light Fixtures during Building Construction and Operation: a Cyber-Physical Systems Approach,” ASCE Journal of Architectural Engineering – (Accepted).
- Hammad, S., Akanmu, A. and Abdel-Qadir, I. (2013). “Spatial Mapping Approach to Components Tracking using RTLS system,” 2013 Architectural Engineering Institute (AEI) Conference (Pennsylvania, April 2013).
- Akanmu, A., Anumba, C. and Messner, J. (2012). “An RTLS-Based Approach to Cyber-Physical Systems Integration in Design and Construction,” International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, vol. 2012, Article ID 596845, 11 pages, 2012. doi:10.1155/2012/596845.
- Akanmu, A., Anumba, C., Messner, J. and Lee, S. (2012). “Component Level Cyber-Physical Systems Integration: A Light Fixtures Example,” 2012 ASCE Conference on Computing in Civil Engineering (Florida 26 October, 2012).
- Akanmu, A., Anumba, C., Messner, J., Lee, S. and Kundur, D. (2012). “An Experimental Investigation of Integration of Virtual Models and the Physical Construction,” 7th International Conference on Innovation in Architecture, Engineering and Construction (Brazil, August 2012).
- Akanmu, A., Anumba, C. and Messner, J. (2011). “Mechanisms for Bi‐directional Coordination between Virtual Design and the Physical Construction,” CIB 2011 Joint Conference W078/W102 (France, 26 October, 2011).
- Anumba, C., Akanmu, A., and Messner, J. (2010). “Towards a Cyber-Physical Systems Approach to Construction,” Construction Research Congress (Banff, 10 May, 2010).
- Akanmu, A. A., and Gambo, A. (2008). “Parametric Study of Minimum Energy Loss Culverts”. Trends in Applied Sciences Research, 3(2): 209-218.
- Akanmu, A. A., and Gambo, A. (2007). “Finite Element Simulation of Flow through Minimum Energy Loss Culverts,” Trends in Applied Sciences Research, 2(6): 535-545.