- Service Learning Navigation
For Community Partners
- With curriculum engagement and student innovation coming together to serve our stakeholders, Western Michigan University can lead the region by introducing and engaging new ideas, products, and services throughout the region.
- Businesses and agencies have value added through student innovation, energy, and creativity.
- Meets community-identified needs.
- Provides access to university resources.
- Offers professional development and leadership opportunities.
Service Project Development Form <click here>
Expectations of Community Partners
- Students need adequate and appropriate work space.
- Students need a clear job description, which is a collaborative effort between agency and WMU, based upon specific course learning objectives.
- Students must have someone at the agency who is available and invested in student success and learning.
Appropriate student activities:
- Program management
- Event planning
- Media and events
- Social media
- Research, data collection, professional writing/reporting
- Evaluation and assessment
Inappropriate service activities:
Mary Beckman (University of Notre Dame) Presentation"Integrating Faculty Research with Community Interests" <pdf>
Interest in creating a service learning opportunity for student? Contact us
Have internship opportunities for our students? Post these positions to BroncoJobs@wmich.edu. To Access BroncoJobs, please click here.
Need for student volunteers for events or established volunteer programs at your organizations? Please contact Student Activities and Leadership Programs. Phone: (269) 387-2115.