Experiencing Research for Teaching Science
Experiencing Research for Teaching Science (ExpeRTS)
"...creating scientists who choose the profession of teaching..."
This experience is for Western Michigan University undergraduate students who are interested in pursuing a teaching profession in chemistry, biological sciences, physics, or geosciences. Application deadline is March 31, 2014.
What is ExpeRTS?
- 10-week summer research internship (June 2 - August 8 2014)
- Professional development seminars and discussions
- Course SCI3030: Scientific Inquiry and Nature of Science (Spring 2015)
- Teaching experience during Way2Go science summer program (Summer 2015)
How do I apply?
- Complete online application
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit current transcripts
What will I recieve?
- $5000 stipend for the 10-week summer research internship
- Free meal plan during summer research
- Free optional on campus housing during summer research
- $1000 stipend the following summer for teaching experience during the Way2Go science summer program