Career and Student Employment Services at Western Michigan University will guide you through the decision making process as you seek to reach your career goals. Our staff and services will assist you in the following five stages of the career development process:
- Assess your values, interests, skills, and personality to determine your career choices. Use FOCUS career assessment to guide you.
- Explore academic majors and career paths through internships, volunteering, and talking with professionals. Use FOCUS and O'Net to guide your career exploration.
- Develop job specific and professional skills through on-campus employment, part-time jobs, internships, volunteering, service learning and leadership. Use BroncoJOBS, Going Global and other resources to identify opportunities.
- Search for jobs by preparing your resume and portfolio, attending career fairs and workshops. Identify mentors, meet advisors and WMU alumni. Use Optimal Resume and WMU's Career Development Guide to get ready for your job search.
- Manage your career for life through membership in professional and alumni organizations, community activities, and networking. Use LinkedIn to stay professionally connected.
Create an account in BroncoJOBS to post your reviewed resume and apply for internships and jobs on and off campus.
Use FOCUS career assessment to assess your interests and match them with WMU majors and careers.
NOTICE: Optimal Resume will be available through December 30, 2014. Please download all documents and save them to a different location before that time.
Career Development Guide includes everything you need for your job search: resume, CV, and cover letter samples, interview guidelines, career fair tips, reference lists, salary negotiation advice, and information on grad school preparation.
Going Global contains career guides for over 30 countries and 44 US cities, H1B database, and worldwide job and internship listings.
Use O'Net to to find out which jobs fit your interests and skills, explore growth occupations, research what it takes to get your dream job, and find salary data.