Gary L. Belleville Student Employee of the Year
- Career and Student Employment Services hosts the Student Employee Appreciation Week celebration every February. The week is dedicated to all student employees and is a time to recognize all the hard work and contributions that student employees make to Western Michigan University. The week also offers the opportunity to showcase an outstanding Student Employee and Student Supervisor.
- Student employees work in most campus departments. Their work ranges from cashiers to graduate assistants. WMU employs nearly 4,000 during the fall/spring semesters. Campus student employment allows students to build skills, explore career options, and make meaningful contributions to the university and community.
- The 2014 celebration was February 17-21. One major activity of Student Employee Appreciation Week includes honoring all nominations and presenting awards to the Student Employee of the Year and the Supervisor of the Year. Supervisors may nominate student employees, and student employees may nominate their supervisors. A judging event was held at the beginning of February to determine which nominees would win. The winning student’s nomination was forwarded to a national competition.
- If you wish to create certificates of appreciation for your student staff, you may do so with the Student Appreciation Certificate.
- Every year we give a limited number of small appreciation gifts to departments. A request form will be available before next year's event.
Student Employee of the Year: Michelle Gerrick, TRiO FESP Tutor - TRiO Future Educator Success Program
Supervisor of the Year: Darin Leigh, Coordinator Intramural/Recreation - University Recreation Programs and Facilities