Arts and Sciences CV Sample
Dr. Sasha J. Barrington
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
A physicist with teaching experience at a private liberal arts college, community college and a research university. Recognized for varied teaching styles, ability to make physics relevant to daily life, and put students at ease when learning difficult topics. All University Graduate Research and Creative Scholar at Western Michigan University and recognized for outstanding teaching assistant from the Department of Physics at WMU.
Visiting Assistant Professor of Physics, XXXX College, City, State, Month Year-Month Year
- PHYS 150-01: Introductory Physics I (Studio Physics Format), Text book: Physics for Scientists and Engineers; Randall D. Knight
- PHYS 340-01: Classical Dynamics w/Lab, Text book: Classical Mechanics; John R. Taylor
Adjunct Physics Instructor, Kalamazoo Community College, City, State, Month Year-Month Year
- College Physics I: Lecture and standard Lab. Eight credit non-calculus course in general college physics intended for 38 diverse students in pre-science.
- Topics included are mechanics, heat, and sound, using mathematical skills of algebra and trigonometry.
- Text book: College Physics; Serway & Vuille (10th edition)
- PHYS 1080: Elementary Physics Lab
- PHYS 1150: General Physics I Lab
- PHYS 1160: General Physics II Lab
- PHYS 2060: University Physics I Lab
- PHYS 2070: University Physics II Lab
- PHYS 1020: Energy and the Environmental Physics
- PHYS 2015: University Physics I
- PHYS 2070: University Physics II
Professional Development Workshops for Teaching
- Presented at Kalamazoo Valley Community College Seminar Days, Year;
Topic: Seven Principles for Smart Teaching
Member of AAPT, AFT Michigan, WMU Physics Club
Graduate student teaching intensive, Month Year; Professional development program that helps assess teaching practices, refine teaching and learning approaches and improve communication for diverse learners.
The Intensive included: small group mentoring, guided practice and reflection, assessment and evaluation, foundations of teaching and learning, effective classroom management, methods and strategies for learning, introduction to Google Apps in Education, developing international students' writing skills, NFS: Managing difficult students and academic dishonesty, teaching with technology.
- Cool Tools Workshops at Western Michigan University.
- Teaching tools: ELearning and Moodle (learning utilizing electronic technologies to access educational curriculum outside of a traditional classroom), Interactive Physics 2000, Science workshop, PASCO capstone software used with the PASCO Universal Interface, video analysis.
- All University Graduate Research and Creative Scholar, WMU, Year
- Departmental Graduate Research and Creative Scholar, WMU, Year
- Jacob DeWitt Award for Outstanding Graduate Teaching, WMU, Year, Year, Year
Outstanding Poster Presentation, 5th Annual Research and Creative Activities Poster Day, WMU, Year
APS women association, DAMOP, ICPEAC and Graduate Student Travel Award, CAARI Conference assistantship
- Ion beam analysis
Ion beam implantation, Single crystal alignment for channeling, Rutherford back scattering analysis (RBS) for single crystal MgO, Analysis of interface between Cr coatings deposited on Si substrate and Irradiation of Diamond with carbon and proton beam for slicing (Lift-off method), Collaborating with Fraunhofer and Vapor Technologies Inc., Year-Present
- Produce resistive stripes in 10 µm lines and an isolated heater in a microfluidic system
Lurie Nanofabrication Facility, MI, USA, Month Year-Month Year
- Electron and Ion beam systems
Micro beam production, passive beam guiding and characteristic study of electrons and fast highly charged ions through micro and nano-sized insulating capillaries at Western Michigan University, Month Year-Month Year
- Micro beam production of slow highly charged ions through micro-sized borosilicate glass capillaries at ARIBE (a low energy ion beam) facility in University of Normandy, Caen, France, Month Year-Month Year
- S. J. Barrington, T. Koon, B. S. Direk, D. Keergoor and J. A. Torn, Electron beam transmission through a micro-size tapered glass capillary: Dependence on incident energy and angular tilt angle, Phys. Rev. A (Submitted December Year)
- M. Moore, A. Koorin, M. F. Decker, S. J. Barrington and T. Schuelke, Irradiation of single crystal diamond for lift-off processes using proton and carbon beams, Conference Paper May Year, 9th International Conference on New Diamonds and Nano Carbons, Shizuoka GRANSHIP, Japan
- D. Koorin, B. S. Direk, S. J. Barrington, N. Stol and J. A. Torn, Elastic and inelastic transmission of electrons through insulating polyethylene terephthalate nanocapillaries, Phys. Rev. A 92, 012703(Year)
- S. J. Barrington, T. Ikkoon, B. S. Darin, D. Keergoorand J. A. Torn, Transmission of electrons through micrometer-sized tapered glass capillaries: Angular and energy dependence, Nucl. Ins. Meth. Phys. Res. B 317, 101 (Year)
- S. J. Barrington, B. S. Direk, D. Keergoorand , T. Ikkoonand J. A. Torn, Dependence of electron transmission on charge deposited in tapered glass macrocapillaries, Phys. Scr. T 156, 014057 (Year)
- S. J. Barrington, B. S. Direk, D. Keergoorand, A. Aroon and J. A. Torn , Angular and time dependence of electron transmission through a macroscale tapered glass capillary, J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 388, 132004 (Year)
- S. J. Barrington, B. S. Direk, D. Keergoorand, A. Aroon J. A. Torn, Broadening in the energy distribution of electron beams transmitted through a micrometer-sized tapered glass capillary, J. Phys: Conf. Ser. 488, 132006 (Year)
- S. J. Barrington, B. S. Direk, D. Keergoorand, A. Aroon and J. A. Torn, Electron transmission through a micro-size tapered glass capillary, Nucl. Inst. Meth. Phys. Res. B 269, 1248 (Year)
S. J. Barrington, 23rd International Conference on the Application on Accelerators in Research and Industry (CAARI 2014), San Antonio, TX, May 25-30, Year, Program and schedule, Wed-IBA01-111
S. J. Barrington, 22nd International Conference on the Application on Accelerators in Research and Industry (CAARI 2012), Fort Worth, TX, August 5-10 Year, Program and schedule, Tue-AP03-4
Conference and Research Participation (25 Contributed Abstracts)
- APS Division of Atomic Molecular and Optical Physics, Madison, WI, Month Year
- Professional Skills Workshop for Women Physicists, Madison, WI, Month Year
- International Conference, Accelerators in Research and Industry, San Antonio, TX, Month Year
- 5th, 6th, 7th Annual Research and Creative Activities Poster Day WMU, Year, Year, Year
- International Conference on Physics of Highly Charged Ions Heidelberg, Germany, Month Year
- GANIL facility at Centre de Recherché sur les Ions ENSICAEN, University of Caen Normandy, France, Month Year
- International Conference on Photonic Electronic and Atomic Collisions, Belfast, UK, Month Year
Education and Human Development CV Sample
Alice B. Jackson, PhD
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Honors and Awards
- All-University Teaching Effectiveness Award, Graduate College and Graduate Studies Council Western Michigan University (Year)
- Graduate Teaching Effectiveness Award, Department of Educational Leadership, Research, and Technology, Western Michigan University (Year and Year)
- Rising Star Award recognizing an outstanding doctoral candidate in the College of Education and Human Development, Western Michigan University (Year)
- Western Michigan University, Adjunct Professor, Doctoral Associate, Student Affairs, Graduate Teaching Assistant (Year-Year)
- Wells College, Dean of Students (Year-Year)
- Green Ridge College, Dean of Students and Associate Professor of English (Year-Year)
- Guilford College, Dean for Campus Life (Year-Year), Assistant Dean (Year-Year)
Publications and Research
Peer Reviewed Journals:
Jackson, A. B. (Year). College and university presidents: Risk managers-in-chief. URMIA Journal (Summer Year).
Jackson, A. B. (Year). Enterprise risk management in higher education: A review of the literature reveals what we know (and what we don’t). URMIA Journal (Month Year).
Jackson, A. B. and Shoon, A. L. (Year). Responding to and supporting students with disabilities: Risk management considerations. New Directions for Higher Education, Special Issue, Disability and Higher Education
Jackson, A. and Shoon, A. L. (Year). Practical solutions to legal issues: The key role of the SSAO. Leadership Exchange. (Summer Year).
Books and Book Chapters
Jackson, A. B. (Year). Lessons from the academy: ERM implementation in the university setting, In B. Simkins, J. Fraser, & K. Narvaez (Eds.), Enterprise risk management: Case studies for executives, risk practitioners, and educators. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
Jackson, A. E. and Shoon, A. L. (Year). The Student Affairs Handbook: Translating Legal Principles into Effective Policies. LRP Publications.
Jackson, A. (Year). Get student input to create effective disciplinary system. Student Affairs Today. LRP Publications.
Principal Investigator, Western Michigan University Interfaith Diversity, Experiences, & Attitudes Survey (Year-Year).
Principal Investigator, Western Michigan University Title IX Sexual Misconduct and Safety Survey (Year).
Graduate: Assessment and Environments (fall Year), Assessment and Accountability (fall Year, Year, Year), Higher Education Law (spring Year, Year, Year); Assessment and Accountability for the WMU Ph.D. program in the Dominican Republic (Summer Year).
Undergraduate: English Composition, First Year Seminar, British Literature, English Literature, Oral Communications, Introduction to Western Civilization, Shakespeare I and II.
“Student Well-Being: The Role of the Division of Student Affairs in Creating a Web of Caring.” Keynote presentation and workshop for the Division of Student Affairs at the University of Michigan-Flint (Flint, MI), Month, Year.
“Student Risk Assessment: Where Mental Health and Legal Liability Meet.” Keynote address. Higher Education Case Management Roundtable. The University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, MI), Month Year.
Invited Conference Presentations
“Enterprise Risk Management for Higher Education.” Academic Impressions Conference Faculty Presenter (Atlanta, GA), Month, Year.
“The Intersection of Student Conduct Processes, Behavioral Intervention and Student Mental Health: Developing and Implementing Effective Policies and Practice.” Higher Education Risk Management Conference. University of Texas System (Austin, TX), Month, Year.
“The Intersection of Student Mental Health Issues, Behavioral/Threat Intervention and Student Conduct Protocols and Practices: The Continuing Evolution of Effective Disability Services on College and University Campuses (with Jeff Nolan).” 25th Annual Postsecondary Training Institute (PTI) (Boston, MA), Month, Year.
National and Regional Conferences
“Together We’re Better: Diversity & Inclusion and Student Affairs Collaborative Partnerships” NASPA Multicultural Institute (Miami, FL), Month Year.
“Grade-A Assessment: Integrating the Teaching of Assessment with Student Affairs Department Practices.” NASPA Assessment and Persistence Conference (Boston, MA), Month Year.
“Courageous Collaborations: Team-based Approaches to Strategic Planning for Student Success”. NASPA National Conference (New Orleans, LA), Month, Year.
“From Polarization to Adaptation: Developing and Assessing an Intercultural Competence Curriculum for Student Staff." NASPA National Conference (New Orleans, LA), Month Year.
“Beyond Diversity: Developing Inclusive Excellence & Intercultural Competence - Two Institutional Models." NASPA Region IV-East Conference (Madison, WI), Month Year.
“Psychological Disabilities and Case Management: Challenges and Resources in Responding to Students Who Pose a Threat of Harm to Self or Others.” Senior Student Affairs Officers Track. NASPA Region IV-East Conference (Evanston, IL), Month Year.
“Discover, Dream, Design, Deliver: Using Appreciative Inquiry to Design and Implement Strategic Planning and Assessment.” NASPA Assessment and Persistence Conference. (Las Vegas, NV), Month Year.
Committees, Service, and Professional Organizaitons
Higher Learning Commission Quality Initiative Signature Program Steering Committee (Year-Year), co-chair.
Title IX Director of Compliance Search Committee (Year), co-chair.
Western Michigan University Higher Learning Commission Advisory Council (Year-Present) University Strategic Planning Operation Team (USPOT) and Transition Team, Western Michigan University (Year-Year).
Battle Creek Community Foundation. Enterprise Risk Management integrated with Strategic Planning, Month Year-Present.
Strategic Planning Workshops. School of Social Work. Western Michigan University, Year.
Strategic Planning Workshop and consultation regarding mission and goals. School of Public Affairs Administration. Western Michigan University, Year.
Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) administration and feedback facilitation. Center for Global and Intercultural Study. University of Michigan, Year