Career and Student Employment Services surveyed all (N=5205) WMU students graduating with bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees between August 2016 and June 2017. Data was obtained for 77% of the population (N=4016).
91% of WMU graduates were actively engaged within three months of graduation.
PRIMARY ACTIVITY SUMMARY
|Employed full time||N=2843||71%|
|Employed part time||N=186||5%|
|Volunteering full time||N=13||0.3%|
|Not Actively Engaged||N=377||9%|
|Looking for work||N=317||8%|
FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT HIGHLIGHTS
- 71% of respondents were employed full time.
- The median salary was $40,000–$45,000 based on 1733 reported salaries.
- 85% have a job that is related to their degree.
- 88% are satisfied with their job.
- 77% work in Michigan; 21% work in 48 other U.S. states; and 2% work in 26 countries outside the U.S.
- 14% of respondents are pursuing further education after graduating from WMU.
- 51% are continuing education at WMU, and the remaining 49% will attend 116 different institutions.
- 84% of respondents completed an experiential education activity at WMU.
- View internships by major in the WMU Internship Catalog.