October 2, 2014
Career and Student Employment Services is hosting the annual Engineering Expo on Thursday, October 2, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., in the main lobby of the WMU Parkview Campus for the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (GPS address: 4601 Campus Dr., Kalamazoo, MI, 49068). Students and alumni planning on attending the event are encouraged to wear professional business attire and bring copies of their resumes. Engineering Expo is open to the public, and no registration for students is required, although students must check in upon arrival at the faculty lounge.
Approximately 100 companies from the state, the region, and throughout the nation will attend the event to connect with WMU students for co-op, internship, and full-time positions. Some employers will schedule on-campus interviews for Friday, October 3. These interviews will be conducted at the Fetzer Center on main campus from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
In preparation for the Engineering Expo, students should participate in career advising to get help with researching employers, preparing resumes and personal commercials.
The Engineering Expo 2014 corporate sponsor is DENSO.
Engineering Expo Agenda
- Employer sign-in: Arrive and unload materials, 8 to 10 a.m. (Please unload your vehicle in front of the building at the main entrance before parking in the ramps. Student volunteers will direct you to parking areas and assist you in unloading your materials.)
- Coffee and continental breakfast: Café in DENSO Commons, 8 to 10 a.m.
- Parkview campus tour (optional; meet in advising office: E-102), 9 to 9:45 a.m.
- Students arrive to network, 10 a.m.
- Lunch: Café in DENSO Commons, Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Event Concludes, 3 p.m.
Package Delivery Services
Employers are welcome to send packages containing job fair materials to WMU prior to the Expo. Materials must be sent via FedEx and UPS only, and employers are responsible for shipping costs. WMU Logistical Services will ensure that your materials are at the College of Engineering and Applied Sciences (CEAS) when you arrive on the morning of October 2.
Send packages to:
Western Michigan University
c/o ENGINEERING EXPO
1201 Oliver Street
Kalamazoo, MI 49008-5347
- FedEx and UPS are the only vendors that can be used for shipping to WMU.
- To ensure that packages are at the CEAS Parkview Campus on the morning of the Expo, please arrange delivery to WMU between September 26 and October 1.
- Employers should record the tracking number for packages shipped to WMU and have it handy on the day of Expo.
- Return labels MUST BE printed by the employer and attached to outgoing packages for shipment. Packages cannot be sent without the return label. WMU Logistical Services will gather the return packages after the Expo (no later than 3:45 p.m., CEAS main lobby), and packages will be sent out Friday, October 3.
Questions regarding WMU Logistical Services and delivery of packages to the Engineering Expo should be directed to:
Baymont Inn*, 2203 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-7999
Best Western Plus Kalamazoo Suites*, 2575 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 350-5522
Country Inn and Suites*, 1912 E. Kilgore Road, Kalamazoo, MI 49002, (269) 382-2303
Fairfield Inn West*, 6420 Cracker Barrel Drive, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 353-6400
Hampton Inn & Suites**, 5059 S. 9th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 372-1010
Holiday Inn-West*, 2747 S. 11th Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49009, (269) 375-6000
Radisson Plaza Hotel**, 100 W. Michigan Avenue, Kalamazoo, MI 49007, (269) 343-3333
*For discount, please ask for the Western Michigan University rate.
**For discount, please ask for the Western Friends & Family rate.
Checker Cab, (269) 345-0177
Metro Transit Bus, (269) 337-8222
Jet Transit (pick-up), (269) 344-0920
Northwest, (800) 692-2746
American Airlines, (800) 433-7300
Delta, (800) 221-1212
Continental, (800) 523-3273
Midwest, (800) 452-2022
Northwest, (800) 221-1212
U.S. Air, (800) 428-4322
Visit the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport website for flight information.
Applebee's, (269) 382-4448
Bilbo's Pizza, (269) 382-5544
The Union, (269) 384-6756
Burdick's Bar & Grill, (269) 226-3192
Food Dance Café, (269) 382-1888
Gallagher's Eatery & Pub, (269) 372-7177
Martell's, (269) 375-2105
Olde Peninsula, (269) 343-2739
Outback Steakhouse, (269) 342-4329
T.G.I.Friday's, (269) 349-6010
University Roadhouse, (269) 345-7990
Webster's Fine Dining, (269) 343-4444