We are here to consult with you on how to best brand your organization at Western Michigan University. Let us help you connect with students, faculty, staff, and administration in seven WMU colleges in over 240 academic programs, Registered Student Organizations, Multicultural Affairs, Disability Services for Students, and Veterans Affairs. Through a variety of partnerships we can assist you in structuring your recruitment activities at WMU and establishing a presence of your organization in the day-to-day lives of our students.
Career and Student Employment Services for Employers
- As a linked employer in BroncoJOBS, you can post full-time positions that require at least a bachelor's degree in a field of study offered at WMU, part-time jobs within the greater Kalamazoo area, and student employment and graduate assistant opportunities on WMU campus.
- To have your full-time opportunity promoted to WMU students, email the Employer Relations Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interested in hosting an intern or several interns in your organization? The Internship Toolkit is the perfect guide to the process. Review the WMU internship guidelines and WMU internship timeline.
- Linked employers can post paid internships and have them promoted to WMU students. Nonprofit organizations and government agencies can post unpaid internships.
- The U.S. Department of Labor has identified six criteria to help students and employers determine if an intern can be non-paid. View the Internship Programs Under The Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Reserve interview rooms in Ellsworth Hall by calling the Employer Relations Team at (269) 387-2745.
- Employers can create interview schedules for opportunities posted in BroncoJOBS. When applying for a position, students are automatically screened by requirements set on the job posting (e.g., graduation date, major, GPA, etc.), and qualified candidates sign up for available interview slots.
- Find candidates for internships and full-time employment by reviewing approximately 2,000 resumes through resume books in BroncoJOBS. New resumes are added daily by current students, recent graduates, and alumni.
- Resume books are available to employers who do not charge a fee or require candidates to function as independent contractors.
Connecting with students and faculty
- Contact Buffy Nespodzany, Assistant Director for Employer Relations and Job Development, at (269) 387-2745 or email@example.com to consult how to maximize your reach in the fields of study you desire.
- Engage with students through employer networking sessions.
- Participate in our job fairs and next day interviewing events.
Employer on-duty program
- Connect with WMU students and build your brand by participating in mock interviews or resume reviews.
- Select the dates and times that are convenient for you by completing the employer on-duty registration form.
Hiring international students
- International students attending U.S. colleges and universities can work in their fields of study during academic sessions, vacation periods and after completion of study, without lengthy application procedures or fees.
- Each year WMU hosts approximately 1,000 international students from over 100 countries.
- Our international students speak more than 50 different languages.
- Many international students are pursuing degrees in technical and business subjects, which can help meet the needs of U.S. business, manufacturing and service industries.
Becoming a community service site
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) employers can hire students with work-study awards and be reimbursed 75 percent of student employee’s gross wages. These employment opportunities, which should serve the public, are typically 5-20 hours per week.
- Contact Brenda Case-Parris at (269) 387-2745 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Career outcomes reports
- Learn about the impact of your investment in WMU recruiting by completing a confidential Report a Hire form.
- We publish an annual Post-Graduation Activity Report reporting on WMU students' career outcomes.
- If you need help with BroncoJOBS, contact our Employer Relations Team at email@example.com or (269) 387-2745.
- To learn about employer-student engagement programs, customized recruitment planning, and branding/sponsorship opportunities, please contact Buffy Nespodzany, Assistant Director for Employer Relations and Job Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-2745.