Campus Classic volunteers are pivotal to the smooth running and success of the race. More than 250 volunteers are needed to participate in everything from the registration of runners and providing water and first aid to ensuring runners stay on course. Volunteers will be assigned where the need is greatest.
Parking is available at the ramps at the corner of West Michigan and North Dormitory Road or Lot 13. Cars must be moved after the race is ended or they will be towed or ticketed.
As a Campus Classic volunteer, you will receive:
- Free race T-shirt.
- Refreshments before and after the race.
- Eligibility to receive a $500 travel voucher to anywhere in the U.S. or one of 10 WMU parking passes. Passes awarded to WMU students only, who must be present at the drawing and have their Bronco Card ID with them. Passes are non-transferable.
- Must be available to work on campus generally between the hours of 7 and 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8.
- Volunteers under 14 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Some volunteers are needed for runner registration on Friday, Oct. 7, from 3 to 8 p.m. at the Student Recreation Center.
Community service hours
If you need a letter for community service credit, please tell us in the Comments field on the registration page. Include the name of the individual or agency and the address that the letter should be sent to, and it will be mailed within 10 business days following the race.
Volunteers may register in advance online or in person at 6:45 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 8, at the volunteer registration desk in the Student Recreation Center. Use the Western Avenue entrance to the center. Online volunteer registration will close Thursday, Oct. 6, at midnight.
Your contact information will never be published and will be used only for legitimate University business associated with the race. It will never be sold to a third party or shared with anyone outside the University.