Conference to focus on relationships, health care and information technology
Health care professionals, consumers, educators, researchers, IT professionals and students will gather for the first International Conference on Health Information Technology Advancement on Friday, Oct. 28 at the Fetzer Center on the campus of Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo.
ICHITA–2011 is co-hosted by the WMU Center for Health Information Technology Advancement—established in 2010 to address health care reform, identified as a top priority by state and federal governments—and the Relationship-Centered Care Network at Southwest Michigan. The event is intended to inform the community about the critical issues and opportunities in health care and how they can be tackled and capitalized through relationships and the infusion of health information technologies.
The day-long conference will feature internationally known scholars and practitioners. Three Keynote speakers and topics will include:
- 8:15 a.m. – “Technology and the Transformation of Health Care” – Dr. Nancy Ridenour, dean and professor, University of New Mexico College of Nursing
- 9 a.m. -“Strategic Impacts of HIT on Relationship-Based Care” – Dr. Joseph Tan, Wayne C. Fox Chair in eBusiness Innovation, professor of eHealth informatics, DeGroote School of Business, McMaster University
- 11:10 – “Repositioning Health Care through Relationships and HIT” – Pamela Hash,director, clinical education and professional development, Bon Secours Health System, Inc.
“We’re excited that this event will help us build the strong relationships needed to tackle the issues and opportunities that exist today in health care.” says CHITA Director Dr. Bernard Han. “The conference will identify new, multifaceted roles for the consumer, health care provider and information technology professional in the health care space augmented by health information technology.”
For information about ICHITA 2011 and to register, visit www.wmich.edu/chita/ichita .
For conference information, contact:
- CHITA Director Dr. Bernard Han, professor of business information systems, (269) 598-2284; firstname.lastname@example.org
- CHITA Associate Director Dr. Sharie Falan, assistant professor of nursing, (269) 760-0955; sharie.falan @wmich.edu
The Center for Health Information Technology Advancement was created in 2010 to facilitate better health care and provide solutions to today’s health care information technology needs.
The mission of the Relationship-Centered Care Network of Southwest Michigan, located in Kalamazoo, is to promote caring relationships within the healthcare community.