- Technology transfer and patents
- Business research and application
- Engineering specialties
- Biosciences Research and Commercialization Center
- Business Technology Research Park
- National Center for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Research at WMU
- Small Business Technology and Development Center
- College of Engineering and Applied Sciences Research
- Center for Health Information Technology Advancement
Not sure where to start or who to contact? Tell us what you need, we'll find you an expert that can help you.
Small Company Innovation Program
The SCIP helps small Michigan-based companies meet research needs to support the commercialization of a product or service. By providing matching funds, SCIP makes university research possible for small business that may not otherwise be able to afford it. The SCIP will also stimulate talent retention in Michigan by creating relationships between small companies and university graduate student researchers.
Individual SCIP projects are funded at $20,000 to $40,000 and require one-to-one matching funds from the sponsoring company. MCRN member universities will supply funds to cover all their indirect costs. Additional information is available at www.michigancrn.org/scip or you can contact the WMU Business Connection director, firstname.lastname@example.org or (269) 387-0950.