Many Distinguished Speaker Series presentations are available from WMU video services (MediaSite). If you need help viewing presentations, contact email@example.com.
- Thomas Sweet, B.B.A.'81, vice president of corporate finance, controller and chief accounting officer of Dell, presents "Business Models and Leadership: What WMU Did and Did Not Teach Me."
- Sam Valenti, B.A.'67, M.A.'68, chairman of the board of TriMas Corp., presents "Total Success: Why WMU is the Greatest Thing That Ever Happened to You."
- William A. "Bud" Brian, B.A.'66, founder and original owner of Budco, presents "Pursuing Your Passion and Developing Passionate Leadership."
- Keith C. Valentine, B.B.A.'90, president and chief operating officer of NuVasive, presents "The Culture of a $1 Billion Startup."
- Carrie Jones-Barber, B.B.A.'82, chief executive officer of Dawn Food Products, presents "Rising to the Challenge: Redefining Business While Staying True to Our Roots."
- Dennis Archer, B.S.'65, former Detroit mayor and WMU board of trustees chair, presents "Education & Leadership + Respect for Ethics and Diversity = A Successful Global Competitor."
- Michael Gulino, B.A.'65, M.B.A.'66, chief development officer for ITT Defense and Information Solutions, presents "Experiences, Technologies and Foundations."
- Sheldon L. Stone, B.S.'78, M.A.'79, partner in Amherst Partners, LLC, presents "What is the New Normal?"
- Art Johnson, M.B.A.'80, chairman and chief executive officer of United Bank of Michigan, presents "Changes and Challenges in Community Banking."
- Birgit Klohs, B.B.A.'83, president and chief executive officer of the Right Place Inc., presents "Positioning West Michigan for the Global Economy."
- Dr. Leslie Braksick, M.A.'87, Ph.D.'90, author and co-founder of Continuous Learning Group, presents "Leadership in a Changing World: Stand Tall or Tap Dance?"
- Robert Trainor, B.B.A.'78, CEO, and Thomas Trainor, B.B.A.'84, president, Trainor Glass Co., present "Entrepreneurship in a Global Economy: A Family Experience."
- Kenneth V. Miller, B.B.A.'69, M.B.A.'70, a prominent local businessman, presents "Arcadia Commons West and Event Center--A Vision for a Regional Partnership and Development."
- James H. Duncan Sr., ’46, L.L.D.'82, retired chairman and chief executive officer of First National Financial Corp., presents "Banking’s Changing Face: A Former CEO’s Insights on Growth, Credit Cards and Careers."
- Brad Black, president, CEO and founder, HUMANeX Ventures, presents "Talent and Culture – What Separates the Rest from the Best?"
- Bill Johnston, B.S.'70, M.A.'74, president, director and chairman of the Greenleaf Companies, presents "The Financial Crisis from the World to Kalamazoo."
- Carol Moerdyk, B.B.A.'71, senior vice president-international, OfficeMax, Inc. (Retired), presents "Breadth, Depth and Resilience – The Secret of Successful Markets, Companies and Careers."
- Craig Henderson, B.B.A.'75, president, C. W. Henderson & Associates, presents "From WMU and Wall Street to Educational Reform."
- Bill Bolton, B.S.'68, retired president of Jewel-Osco, presents "The Role of Private Equity in America Today."
- Jim Hettinger, B.A.'71, M.A.'73, D.P.S.'07, presented his ideas for Michigan's future: "Embracing Chaos – A New Course of Michigan's Economy."
- Jack A. Gregory, B.B.A.'83, Moody’s KMV
- Robert S. Graham, M.A.'01, RG Group
- Stephen P. MacMillan, Stryker Corporation
- Paul R. Buckman, B.B.A.'79, M.B.A.'82, St. Jude Medical Cardiology
- Christine K. Cortez, B.B.A.'76, Daimler-Chrysler
- Alec E. Gores, B.S.'77, Gores Technology Group
- Lloyd H. Dean, B.S.’72, M.A.’78, Catholic Healthcare West
- Thomas L. Reece, B.A.'64, Dover Corporation
- Rex A. Sinquefeld, Dimensional Fund Advisors
- James H. Reese, B.B.A. '80, Randstad North America
- Carlos M. Gutierrez, Kellogg Co.
- Dennis M. Nally, B.B.A.'74, PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
- David Dombrowski, B.B.A.'79, Detroit Tigers
- Hank Meijer, Meijer, Inc.
- Vincent J. Trosino, State Farm Automobile Insurance Co.
- Peter F. Secchia, Universal Forest Products
- James J. Leisenring, M.B.A.'64, Financial Accounting Standards Board
- Claude A. Verbal, Wesley Industries
- Fred Hassan, Pharmacia Corporation
- William T. McCormick Jr., CMS Energy Corporation
- John W. Brown, Stryker Corporation
- Richard D. Snyder, Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- James P. Holden, B.S.'73, DaimlerChrysler Corporation
- Dick DeVos, Amway Corporation
- Richard G. Haworth, B.B.A.'64, Haworth, Inc.
- David A. Daberko, National City Corporation
- Arnold G. Langbo, Kellogg Co.
- Ann McLaughlin, Aspen Institute
- Edsel B. Ford II, Ford Motor Credit Corporation
- John L. Zabriskie, Pharmacia and Upjohn
- Daniel R. Smith, B.B.A.'55, First of America Bank Corporation
- Dennis W. Archer, B.S.'65, L.L.D.'87, City of Detroit
- Donald W. Hudler, Saturn Corporation