The BEP peer mentors are available to answer any questions you have about the program or the application process. They can also provide insight about their own externship experiences and help you understand what to expect. You can reach our peer mentors via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet our 2013 BEP peer mentors
- Major: Advertising and promotion and organizational communication
- Externship Ccmpanies: Enterprise Rent-A-Car and the Fetzer Center
- Why I loved my externships: They taught me about who I want to be and what I want to do with my career.
- Best advice to an extern: Ask lots of questions.
- Favorite childhood movie: Toy Story
- Where I want to travel and why: I would love to travel to England. I love the history and would like to see the birth place of some of the best writers and poets in history, especially J.K. Rowling.
- Major: Human resource management
- Externship companies: Whirlpool and Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Why I loved my externships: They gave me the experience I needed to grow in my career and as a student.
- Best advice to an extern: Take advantage of any and all externships that are given to you. They are all learning experiences, so treat them like you would an important job interview, but don't be afraid to ask many questions and have fun!
- Favorite childhood movie: The Lion King
- Where I want to travel and why: I have this dream of traveling to all of the hockey arenas in the NHL because I'm a big hockey fan. That would show me a lot of major cities in the U.S. and some in Canada.
- Major: Advertising and promotion
- Externship companies: Doner and Heritage Community of Kalamazoo
- Why I loved my externships: They helped me to realize my true passion for a career that suits me best, as well as being a great networking opportunity.
- Best advice to an extern: Ask questions! The Professional Mentors at your externship are there to answer questions that you may have, so take advantage of it.
- Favorite childhood movie: Cinderella
- Where I want to travel and why: I want to travel to both Paris and Poland. Paris because of its beauty and because I know a little bit of the language. Poland for the reason that my dad was born in Krakow and I would live to visit where my family comes from.