Can't decide? Not to worry. Many students are unsure of their major and career path when they start college. If you are thinking about business but are still unsure, use the information and resources we have to help!
- Curriculum—Our majors and minors offer students many ways to enter professional business careers. Haworth College of Business academic advisors can help you navigate your curriculum. Contact the advising office to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- University 1030—We offer a section of this course customized for students considering a business major. This one-credit course lets you explore majors and careers with the guidance of experts from our career center. Contact Geralyn Heystek at (269) 387-2711 or email@example.com to be registered for a customized section.
- Business externship—Think you know but want to make sure? Consider participating in our externship program—and spend a day (or two or three) with a business professional from the field you are considering and learn what your day will be like.
- Faculty experts—Faculty members hold office hours and schedule appointments for students who want to know more about a major. Contact a department office if you would like to discuss your major with a faculty member.
- Career and major advisors—The college boasts a dedicated career center staffed with advisors who assist students through the career development process, including exploration of business majors and careers. Explore career center resources, then schedule an appointment or visit during drop-in hours.
- Internship—Most of our students gain professional experience during their academic careers by participating in internships. The career center offers tips on finding internships and will help you navigate finding the right fit for your goals.