- Named a top sales program in the nation by the Sales Education Foundation, the college’s sales and business marketing program has earned this designation 10 times. Study.com ranks the program No. 1 in the country.
- The integrated supply management program is ranked in the top 10 nationally for undergraduate education by Gartner, No. 2 for the program’s emphasis on technology by Software Advice, and No. 5 in undergraduate education by SCM World.
- An advertising and promotion student was selected to participate in the American Advertising Federation’s Most Promising Multicultural Students Program.
- An integrated supply management student received $15,000 in industry scholarships.
- Sales students shined at national sales competitions, with one student earning the top spot for speed selling at the National Sales Challenge.
- A marketing and management student was named Trailblazer of the Year as a part of a new program honoring student leaders.
- The finance program continues to be recognized by the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute and offers advanced preparation for students to become licensed in securities trading.
- The Haworth College of Business was identified as a top school at which to earn an MBA by The Princeton Review.
- Business law and business analytics majors launched in fall 2016.
- A full range of student consulting in marketing is available for clients in the business community.
- The Center for Integrated Supply Management delivers leading-edge instruction. In conjunction with the center, Bronco Force and Bronco Source provide students with the opportunity to consult and work with companies.
- WMU’s Starting Gate, a business accelerator where students can access resources to develop and grow their own businesses, has served more than 40 companies.
- The Greenleaf Trust Trading Room, a state-of-the-art trading lab, gives students valuable hands-on learning experience in financial trading and the study of market trends.
- Professional Development Programs through the Global Business Center provide resources for international students.
- More than 4,000 students choose to study business at the college each year.
- 1,277 interviews took place in 2015 with employers seeking Business Broncos for full-time and internship opportunities.
- There were 14,183 student interactions with employers in 2015.
- 93 percent of students surveyed within three months of graduation reported they were actively engaged in full-time employment, continuing education, military service, part-time employment, self-employment or post-graduate internship or fellowship.