Welcome to Western Michigan University's Haworth College of Business! The connections among our students, faculty, staff, alumni and business community partners form both a solid foundation for our college and a unique springboard for innovation.
We focus on students and their development as learners, business professionals and people. Students are taught by expert faculty who get to know each student personally. Often, students are invited to conduct research with faculty, and the college offers a host of experiential learning opportunities from externships and internships to study abroad experiences to project-driven courses.
Our academic programs are extremely strong, providing necessary foundational business skills as well as specialized education in a variety of relevant functional areas. In fact, several of our programs have been recognized as among the best in the nation. The Haworth College of Business is home to:
- The integrated supply management program, ranked 12th in the nation for 2011-12 through 2012-13 by Gartner;
- The sales and business marketing program, selected by the Sales Education Foundation as being in the top 50 such programs in the nation;
- The food and consumer package goods marketing program, one of the premier food marketing programs in the U.S.;
- The advertising and promotion program, boasting numerous award-winning student competition teams;
- The telecommunications information management program, winner of the ITERA 2011 Program Excellence Award, making it the top-ranked program in the nation;
- The human resource management program, one of the top 15 percent of AACSB-accredited programs recognized by the Society of Human Resource Management for alignment to SHRM curriculum standards;
- WMU's Department of Finance and Commercial Law, offering the personal financial planning major, which is approved by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards and meets the education requirement for taking the CFP certification exam;
- WMU's Department of Accountancy, offering a curriculum that fulfills the 150+ credit hour requirement for the CPA exam;
- The MBA Program, offering outstanding post-graduate study in business, thereby enhancing opportunities for career advancement.
Our success is built on unparalleled industry partnerships. Because of our strong base of alumni and business community support, we are able to offer students the very best in hands-on learning. They manage investments, participate in audits, work with brand managers, design business intelligence tools, create business process plans and so much more.
Uniquely, our students have access to all of these learning opportunities in an atmosphere where relationships matter. I am proud to say that the Haworth College of Business is truly a family – a family that supports and celebrates the many successes of its students.
I invite you to contact me at any time with feedback or thoughts or to learn more about connecting with the Haworth College of Business.
Kay M. Palan, Ph.D.
Dean, Haworth College of Business