As part of its commitment to increase access to international education, the College of Arts and Sciences at Western Michigan University invites qualified undergraduates to apply for funds to help support their study abroad experience.
- Up to $1000 based on need and merit
- Applied directly to the student’s WMU account
- The number of qualified applicants and the availability of funds will determine how many awards are made
- Have a declared major within WMU’s College of Arts and Sciences
- Be a WMU undergraduate in good standing
- Completed at least 15 credit hours within the college
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0
- Plan to complete a study abroad or international internship
- Are willing to be called upon to share about their study abroad experience with other WMU students in the future
Submit by Oct. 15, 2012 or Feb. 15, 2013 for a WMU-sponsored program to be completed within 18 months of the application deadline. No late applications will be considered.
Submit the following materials in one envelope to the College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean, 2304 Friedmann Hall by the deadline.
- Completed and signed application form
- An up-to-date unofficial transcript (printed from GoWMU)
- Program budget
- Must be an official budget from the study abroad program’s online brochure, available through Broncos Abroad. Contact a study abroad specialist at (269) 387-5890 with any questions about locating the correct budget.
- Personal statement
- The academic and personal benefits you believe that you will derive from the experience
- Why/how the award will assist you in being able to participate in your education abroad program
- The relevance of the study abroad program to your academic endeavors.
Arrange for the following to be submitted to the College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean, 2304 Friedmann Hall by the deadline:
- Completed and signed faculty sponsor form