The College of Arts and Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Committee invites proposals from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members seeking funds to support activities related to this area.
Up to $1000 may be awarded by the committee for such activities as:
- Conference or workshop support at Western Michigan University
- Faculty, staff and student reading groups
- Visiting scholar events
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the college.
Oct. 31 and March 31
No late proposal applications will be considered.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
Complete applications will include:
- The name and department of the faculty member seeking the funds.
- A description of the activity for which funds are sought, including expected completion dates and a clear explanation of how the activity enhances diversity and inclusion.
- A budget and description of any additional funds that have been sought or received, e.g., departmental contributions.
- An email or note from the requesting faculty member’s department chair acknowledging her or his awareness of and support for this request.
Please note that, if awarded, funds must be used by June 30 of the following calendar year.
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
College of Arts and Sciences
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5365 USA
Or: 2304 Friedmann Hall
Contact us with any questions.