The College of Arts and Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Committee invites proposals from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members seeking funds to support activities related to this area.
Up to $1000 may be awarded by the committee for such activities as:
- Conference or workshop support at Western Michigan University
- Faculty, staff and student reading groups
- Visiting scholar events
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the college.
Oct. 31 and March 31
No late proposal applications will be considered.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
Complete applications will include:
- A detailed description of the project, how it aligns with the College’s Diversity and Multiculturalism Plan, and a timeline with expected speaker event dates.
- A detailed list describing any other funding for this project. If this award will be used as seed money for the project, please describe preparation for external funding and the anticipated funding mechanisms.
- A description of financial support expected from the department/academic unit.
Please note that, if awarded, funds must be used by June 30 of the following calendar year.
College of Arts and Sciences Office of the Dean
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5308
If you submit your application electronically, emails from the WMU Webmail Plus account of a faculty member and department chair or director may serve in place of signatures.
Contact us with any questions.