In light of the dramatic $1.907 million permanent budget reduction just sustained by the College of Arts and Sciences the Diversity and Inclusion Faculty Speaker Support Award will be suspended for fall 2013, effective immediately.
The College of Arts and Sciences Diversity and Inclusion Committee invites proposals from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members seeking funds to support activities related to this area.
Up to $500 may be awarded by the committee for such activities as:
- Conference or workshop support at Western Michigan University
- Faculty/staff/student reading groups
- Visiting scholar events
All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the College.
Oct. 31 and March 31
No late proposal applications will be considered.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
Complete applications will include:
- The name and department of the faculty member seeking the funds
- A description of the activity for which funds are sought, including expected completion dates and a clear explanation of how the activity enhances diversity and inclusion
- A budget and description of any additional funds that have been sought and/or received, e.g., departmental contributions
- An email or note from the requesting faculty member’s department chair acknowledging her or his awareness of and support for this request
Please note that, if awarded, funds must be used by June 30 of the following calendar year.
College of Arts and Sciences
Diversity and Inclusion Committee
2304 Friedmann Hall
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5365
Contact Dr. Cathryn Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org.