The Undergraduate Research and Creative Activities Award in the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Increases the opportunities for undergraduates to collaborate with faculty members in professional activities outside the classroom
- Provides undergraduate students with opportunities for hands-on research or creative activities experience with faculty from the college
- Recognizes and honors academic excellence and potential
- Provides opportunities for undergraduates to present research at academic conferences
The joint student-faculty projects represent the diversity of scholarly activity in the college. Projects have ranged from English editorial assistants to molecular biology research.
Undergraduate students will generally be expected to have:
- Completed at least 30 credit hours
- Declared a major or minor in a department or program within the college
- Good academic standing
College of Arts and Sciences Research and Creative Activities Awards may not be held during the same term as a research and creative activities award administered by the Lee Honors College. Award recipients may request renewal of the award for one additional term after providing a progress report for their project.
Jan. 31 and Sept. 30
This award will be offered for the deadlines listed as long as funds are available.
All sections of both the student application and faculty portion form must be completed to be considered for the award.
2304 Friedmann Hall, Mail Stop 5308