The College of Arts and Sciences International Committee invites proposals from College of Arts and Sciences faculty members seeking funds to support activities related to global engagement.
Up to $500 may be awarded by the committee for such activities as:
- Visiting scholar events
- Faculty-staff-student reading groups
- Conference or workshop support at Western Michigan University
Complete applications will include:
- The name and department of the faculty member seeking the funds
- A description of the activity for which funds are sought, including expected completion dates and a clear explanation of how the activity enhances global engagement
- A budget and description of any additional funds, such as departmental contributions, that have been sought or received
- An email or note from the requesting faculty member’s department chair acknowledging awareness of and support for this request
Friday, Oct. 19, 2012 and Friday, March 29, 2013. No late proposal applications will be considered.
Submit application to: College of Arts and Sciences International Committee, 2304 Friedmann Hall
Contact Associate Dean Cathryn Bailey at email@example.com.