The Western Michigan University College of Arts and Sciences Strategic Plan calls for creating awards to recognize faculty contributions to the themes and commitments in the plan, including contributions of the faculty to the disciplinary and interdisciplinary teaching, research, creative activity, university professional and community service goals of the college.
All current, continuing board-appointed persons with faculty rank are eligible. Faculty who have received Faculty Achievement Award are not eligible to receive a subsequent award in the same category within five years.
- An award of $1000 will be put in the departmental research account for the recipient to use in support of teaching, research or creative activity, travel, or professional development
- Each recipient may be invited to present a lecture, seminar, or lunch (brown bag) presentation to describe some aspect of teaching
- Each recipient will receive a plaque at a special celebration
- Up to three awards in each category may be made each year
Note: All awards are subject to final budgetary approval and authorization by the dean of the college.
This award will be offered for the deadline listed as long as funds are available.
- Faculty Achievement Award in Global Engagement
- Faculty Achievement Award in Professional and Community Service
- Faculty Achievement Award in Research and Creative Activity
- Faculty Achievement Award in Teaching
- Global Engagement
Dr. Sushi Datta-Sandhu, Department of Political Science
Dr. Jacqueline Eng, Department of Anthropology
- Professional and Community Service
Dr. Heather Addison, School of Communication
Dr. Jana K. Schulman, Department of English
- Research and Creative Activity
Dr. Staci Perryman-Clark, Department of English
Dr. Richard Gershon, School of Communication
Dr. Whitney DeCamp, Department of Sociology
Dr. Brian Gogan, Department of English
Dr. Mariola Perez de la Cruz, Department of Spanish
Dr. Leah M. Omilion-Hodges, School of Communication