Norman E. Slack Endowed Scholarship for Art Education
- Second Friday in February
- Multiple awards
- One-half of each scholarship shall be made during the fall semester and one-half shall be made during the subsequent semester.
This scholarship is offered to an outstanding art education major who demonstrates achievement in their discipline and shows artistic promise. The award is made at the annual Frostic School of Art awards ceremony and are effective for the duration of the next academic year. Previous recipients may apply in subsequent years. Preference shall be given to eligible students who demonstrate financial need, as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid; academic merit shall be a secondary consideration.
- Recipient shall have a minimum 3.0 GPA at the time of application.
- Undergraduate, enrolled full-time (both fall and spring semesters)
- Scholarship shall be awarded to a full-time student who is a sophomore, junior or senior. Preference shall be given to a student majoring in art education.
- Applications are now submitted online through SlideRoom at frosticart.slideroom.com
- Prepare a resume, five studio images and/or video files
- Applications are reviewed for scholarly or creative merit
- Provide the faculty nomination form to the faculty member that is supporting your application.
- Faculty nomination form
- Submit your Student Aid Report to the Frostic School of Art office. The report summarizes the information you submitted on your 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Make sure your name and WIN number are on the report.
- You must file a FAFSA form (free application for federal student aid) to determine if you qualify for financial need.