1. By Jan. 1, contact all incumbents to determine their willingness to seek election for another term.
2. By mid-January, send a letter to all APA members requesting self-nominations, or nominations of others to Officer and Executive Board positions. Notice and nomination form might also be included in the November APA Contact and posted to APA website.
3. Verify that all candidates for officer positions have previous elected or appointed leadership experience with APA.
4. Prepare and send ballots to APA members no later than Mar. 15. Ballots should be returned by Mar. 31.
5. Within two weeks of ballot return deadline, contact all individuals with election results. Copies of congratulatory letters should be sent to the supervisors of the newly elected officers and board members. (Terms of office will be different for officers and board members; be sure that the letters reflect this difference.)
A committee report will be mandatory at each monthly Committee Chairs Meeting (first Friday of the month). This report will be combined with other Committee Reports and presented by the Vice President at the monthly meeting of the APA Executive Board (second Friday of the month.) If the Committee Chair is not able to attend a meeting your report must be submitted in writing to the Vice President prior to the monthly Committee Chairs meeting.