1. Hold and organize a fund drive each year for the APA Scholarship Fund. Fund balance reports should be made at monthly Committee Chair meetings. Donation Form
2. Assist in naming scholarship recipients (per guidelines) when there are sufficient funds available.
1. Configure nominations of APA members for the University's Distinguished Service Award. The APA designee to the University Distinguished Service Award Committee should help advise your committee when nominating members for this award.
2. Present a recommended timetable for this process at the October APA Executive Board meeting. Plan on the assistance of APA officers and board to help with the nomination process.
1. Work with PSSO and other committees of APA to plan a luncheon (April or May). At this luncheon PSSO and APA awards will be given to members.
2. Secure nominations, choose recipients, and present APA awards at the Spring Luncheon. Awards given by APA are the: Outstanding New Professional Award, Outstanding Professional Award and the Tony Griffin Service Award.
3. Plans for this event should be presented to the APA Executive Board at its December meeting.
1. Plan a recognition program for the General Membership meeting in May for APA members who have served as officers, board members, or committee chairs for the previous year. Include a gift or memento for each person and appreciation awards.
2. Plan an installation ceremony to introduce the newly elected officers and board to the APA membership at the September General Membership meeting. Participation of the out-going officers and board may be considered in this ceremony.
A committee report will be mandatory at monthly Committee Chairs Meeting (first Friday of the month). This report will be combined with other Committee Reports and presented by the Vice President at the monthly meeting of the APA Executive Board (second Friday of the month.) If the Committee Chair is not able to attend a meeting the report must be submitted in writing prior to the monthly Committee Chair meeting.