The Department of Anthropology at Western Michigan University offers a sampling of past cultural anthropology thesis topics.
Undergraduate honors theses
- "Housing Policies in Post-Apartheid South Africa"
- "Queer as Volk: Toward an Anthropology of Gay Turks in Berlin"
- "Youth Identity and Travel Narratives: An Exploration of Physical and Cultural Spaces"
- "A Multiplicity of Goals in a Migrant Household"
- "African American Women's Perceptions of Prenatal Care"
- "Community Empowerment and Social Policy Design: A Case Study of the Creation of a School-Based Health Center"
- "History, Mission, and Visitors at the Kalamazoo Valley Museum in Kalamazoo, Michigan: a Study of the Museum as Cultural Practice"
- "Job Satisfaction of West Michigan Certified Nurse Midwives: A Qualitative Study of Autonomy and Empowerment in the Provision of Health Care"
- "Kampo Consumption among Japanese Students at Western Michigan University: A Case Study in Medical Pluralism"
- "Negotiated Families: Lesbians and Institutions in Southwest Michigan"
- "Re-Cycling the Menstrual Cycle: A Multidisciplinary Reinterpretation of Menstruation"
- "Reading Between the Lines: The Business Discourse of Globalization, Using Amway Corp. as a Local Example"
- "Responsibility, Submission and Power; Social Factors which Influence Rural Out-migration Among Women in Southern Vietnam"
- "The Suburban Rice Farmers: Economic and Cultural Change in Japan"