The Western Regional Area Health Education Center at Western Michigan University offers programs that aim to enhance health care provider knowledge and to introduce health care careers to students.
Health Career Connection
The Health Career Connection program offers high school graduates who will attend WMU an opportunity to earn six credits the summer between high school graduation and the beginning of their freshman year. Scholarships are available to each student accepted in the program. More information and application details are available here.
- May 12 - Trauma Informed Organizations Continuing Education Conference
Mark your calendar now for the Trauma Informed Organizations Continuing Education Conference, which will be held May 12. Click here for more information or to register.
- May 19 - Screening, Referral and Follow-up of Autism Spectrum Disorder Using the M-CHAT-R [printable flier]
9:30 a.m. to noon at the WMU-Grand Rapids Beltline location. The cost is free. Click here to register.
- June 6 - Addressing the Michigan Opioid Crisis, A Public Health Summit
Speakers and presentations focused on Michigan's opioid crisis. Keynote speaker is Patrick Miles, who has experience with federal, state and local law enforcement and prevention. [printable flier]
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the WMU-Grand Rapids Beltline location. The cost is free and lunch is provided.
Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (616) 742-5058.
- June 9 - Screening, Referral and Follow-up of Autism Spectrum Disorder Using the M-CHAT-R [printable flier]
11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the WMU-Grand Rapids Beltline location. The cost is free. Click here to register.
Read our SUMMER 2017 NEWSLETTER, featuring:
- Students discover oral health careers
- AHEC and CHHS Immersion Days
- The importance of soft skills during job interviews
- and more...
Scholarships and loan reimbursement
Many of the AHEC community partners offer health care scholarships for a variety of disciplines.