If you or your loved one is experiencing problems associated with aging, you may benefit from the services of a care manager. Care managers work with individuals and their families to plan various types of health and social care services, taking the burden off you or your loved ones.
Care managers will make an initial assessment of you or your loved ones needs. They will recommend options in order to meet long-term care needs, improve quality of life and maintain independence.
Some services offered are:
- Care plan assessment
- Linking to service providers
- Coordinating and preparing for medical appointments
- Transportation arrangements
- In-home care coordination and monitoring
- Acting as a liaison to families at a distance
- Assessment and planning for alternative living arrangements